PREPARES, Pregnancy and Parenting Support “walks the journey” with pregnant and parenting women, men, and families, who find themselves lacking a healthy support network.
The involved parishes in Tacoma are St Patricks, St Charles and Sacred Heart. We are promoting involvement of all parishes and Knights councils in District 22. To volunteer or sign up for local services please contact Regional Coordinator Erin Maguire at Catholic Community Services: firstname.lastname@example.org or p: 206-327-2474.
Catholic Community Services of Western Washington Services include:
- Crisis intervention – staff is available to meet with clients in crisis assess any urgent needs
- Educational support – Prenatal childbirth education, Parenting education
- Mentors for mothers
- Case management
- Weekly support group for mothers and parents
- Urgent needs - Diapers, clothing, and formula
- Referrals and resources for adoption services
- Emergency assistance
- Mental health counseling for individuals and couples